Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a suitable replacement part for the Seraph brake pads? I am not near to a dealer and my wallet is getting progressively thiner.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Seraph brake pads from multiple manufacturers can be sourced with a Google search and at far more reasonable prices than through "Crewe Original" sources.

Click here to get the Google Shopping results.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Excuse me Brian
the good way, for me, is -->here :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck finding brake pads yet. It seems that the seraph never wears out the rear pads as no number exists for them. I need a cross reference number or something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call Rollmech.
I checked out the BMW parts and there they were. Probably pick them up tomorrow. My question now is how do I get the guide rods out of the calipers. I have tried all my Allen wrenches and they seem to use a size allen wrench that is not standard. Just when you think you have all the hand tools known to modern man a new one pops up. What size is this wrench? Is the guide pin a standard right hand thread? Any locking mechanism for the thread?

·
Registered
221 Posts
seraph brake pads

If memory serves me right allen keys are metric cannot remember size ( old age setting in) bolts have a type of lock tight on them new pads come with new bolts. hope that is some help

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a 7 mm hex key. An odd ball size so I had to make one by grinding down a larger one and constant measuring. It worked. For the record My 99 Seraph has the same rear pads as an 87 - 02 BMW 325 ic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts