Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All , My 88 spur sometimes does not start , i have removed the starter and had it checked which checked out ok. when the car doesnt start i have to play with the key in the ignition to get it to start. (quickly turning the key back and forth) could it be the ignition ? or is there something else that causes this? Any suggestions would be helpful.
p.s when i turn the key all lights on instrument panel illuminate but thats all car does not try to crank at all. until i play with the key and sometimes that takes a while to get it to start.

· Registered
27 Posts
Kev,

You might have a bad starter relay.. Also if you have a older key it may not be setting all the pins for your security.. I'm not sure if on a 88 it would have a security system like that but newer style tumblers can be wired that way sometimes.

Also check wiring and any fuse/ breakers to your starter solenoid.

Let me know if any of this helps..

· Registered
229 Posts
DO the ignition feel ok or is it loose. do habe problems with the plastic behind the lock barrel cracking which in turns means when you turn the key that plastic doesn't turn the ignition switch. Fairly easy ro remove to check

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.