Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About four out of five times I drive my fuel injected 87 Silver Spur it will do one of two things. It will either run roughly when cold then smooth out once the engine warms up, or it will run great when first started then start running poorly after it reaches normal operating temperature. Anybody got any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Poor grounds can cause problemsck with everything from engine management, fuel, sensors, etc.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
And a big old SECONDED to @Wraithman's observation. I have seen a multitude of issues on these cars that were cured simply by going around and cleaning the connections at grounding straps (or other smaller ground connections, e.g., for the dash lights to the metal structure of the dash) on more than one occasion.

If you do this, be certain to get yourself some electrically conductive grease to apply at those now clean connection points before reassembly. A tiny container will last many years, and I have never needed to revisit a connection so protected. Here are two, and there are others:

Sanchem NoOxID A-Special

Gardner-Bender Ox-Gard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts