Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am currently tinking about buying a Silver Shadow from the late eighties. Looking around at different adds (I live in Sweden) I found a 1978 SS II for sale that is imported from US. The odd thing about it is that the add claims that it "has the biggest engine option" and in a picture or the rear end one can see the text "Majestic 8,2 l" painted under the Silver Shadow II mark. i have searched internet but I have not found any information about other engine option then the 6,75 liter V8 for a 1978 model...
Could it be that the engine has been swapped for a US V8... :shock:
...or have there been aftermarked modifications available that increases the displacement of the original engine???
.. or is the text refering to something else then the engine size???

Link to the add (in Swedish)
http://www.blocket.se/dalarna/Rolls_royce_20613317.htm?ca=11&w=3

Picture of the rear end:

Cheers, Niclas

·
Registered
58 Posts
No there is no other engine size for the late Shadows than 6,75 litre. This was done by increasing the displacement of the former 6,25 litre engine.

If the car you have in mind really has 8,2 l - it cannot be an original RR-engine. How about pictures of the engine? Did you take some?

Regards JimKnopf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I have not seen the car in person since it is quite far away, I have mailed the owner, if I get a response I will request pictures of the engine bay, I noted that a 502 cubic inches engine converts to 8,22 litres - sounds like it might have gotten a heart transplant from a US donor...

Cheers, Niclas

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know this is a late post, but I have only just joined the forum.
RR would never use Stickers as a form of identification. We never made anything over 6.75L for a car. The block would not be capable, I imagine it is a none RR engine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cadillac 500 cubic inch

If this car does have an 8.2 litre engine it must be a Cadillac 500 cubic inch engine. Technically 501. If you can get a picture I've been in Cadillacs for forty years, let me see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts