Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on these...I've stopped searching. I need the little white washer that goes on the little jet cap on the jet itself, mine has deteriorated and causes the fluid to squirt on the windshield but also willy nilly as well. Does anyone know what its made of, can I get a plastic washer at the hardware store? to be honest I don't understand the whole contraption meaning there is the jet manifold for lack of a better term, then threaded in are the main jet bodies, then the little white washer and a jet cap, again, for lack of a better term. It seems that the fluid shoots out of a gap in the jet cap?

I digress, thanks in advance for wisdom

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Jonny

I guess it's because none of us have tried to repair these washer jets. I would follow the same path as you in researching and trying to find a replacement washer. Ultimately however I would search the classic car parts companies and try and buy a very similar replacement. The link below points to one I found using an internet search - a more determined search may find the perfect replacement.

Geoff

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply...I'm going the route of trying to rebuild or repair the existing, not a lot to it, but in Rolls Royce fashion, mysterious! I've seen some of the exploded diagrams of the assembly and I think all I need is a washer to fix it, I'm trying to figure out what its made of...white plastic?, white rubber? (that's hardened over the years)...I'll post if I figure it out

·
Registered
554 Posts
IIRC it's just a small fibre washer, probably available in one of those plastic boxes of assorted sizes at your local hardware store. If you have a hole punch (the type used for punching holes in leather belts) you could make your own out of any suitable waterproof material. Punch one out of a piece of a plastic bleach bottle if you want it white. Have you removed the jet cap and cleaned out the crud? That is usually all that stops a good steady stream of fluid.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hi Jonnyc, I've looked at the Bentley Heritage Parts site and I think that the sealing washer for the jet holder on the windscreen washer is part no. UD2977. It's available from Introcar Ltd and Flying Spares for less than 50c.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts