Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, my mechanic and I are trying to get the high pressure hose screwed into the back of the pump. There is very limited space to get the hose threads and the hole lined up. We want to avoid taking off the pump if possible. Advice please? Thanks, Marko

· Premium Member
2,238 Posts
I presume you're talking about the pipe from the pump to the accumulator since there is no high pressure hose at the pump - only a gravity feed hose from the reservoir to the pump. I find that loosening the lower pipe fitting at the accumulator before screwing the top end at the pump allows for a little play to help with attaching it. Then tighten top and bottom ends a little at a time making sure that the pipe is not in contact with any other surfaces.

· Registered
4,630 Posts
The only other option is the single high pressure (as opposed to regular brake pressure) hose from the Accumulator Control Valve (ACV) to the car body. As @shadow 11 noted, the connection between the pump outlet and the ACV itself involves piping, not hoses.

It would really help to know exactly what's being referred to, and photos don't hurt, either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts