Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone advise me on how to make my windows move much more freely ? i have done the typical lube of widow rubbers . can someone give me some technical advice - the chain etc .
Thaks in advance

·
Registered
527 Posts
Clean all the wire connections in the door at the motor and the switch. They are often corroded causing high resistance which will cause slow operation. The chain can get very stiff, use some chain lube or oil it sparingly. Lube the felt channels with silicone spray. Check that your battery is fully charged, do the windows raise faster with the engine running at a fast idle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean all the wire connections in the door at the motor and the switch. They are often corroded causing high resistance which will cause slow operation. The chain can get very stiff, use some chain lube or oil it sparingly. Lube the felt channels with silicone spray. Check that your battery is fully charged, do the windows raise faster with the engine running at a fast idle?
Thanks Jim . I’ll do that . Yes it does run better whilst engine is running , what would that mean ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts