Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting told I have the wrong spark plugs in and wires...can ANYONE tell me where to get the wires and plugs that go in this car!! the car runs great which confuses me ...the machanics keep changing them and charging me....I can do it myself if someone know where I can get them...greg

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Why are you allowing anyone to change out wires and plugs on a car that is running perfectly happily?

The originally specified spark plugs for the SC-II/S2 were Champion RN8 or Champion RN13P. There are scads of modern equivalents of these plugs, and I believe Champion still makes both. I use NGK plugs, but various people prefer other brands.

I cannot recall what any of the favorite wire set brands are at the moment. But there's nothing ultra-special about the plug wires that Crewe used. I'm certain someone will give a brand and set part number.

·
Super Moderator
1,255 Posts
Greg, I have moved your post to the technical section, which is where you should post questions of a technical nature. Contact Albers Rolls-Royce www.albersrb.com/parts-request/ to get a set of leads made specifically for your car. They can also supply spark plugs or you can get the correct ones at pretty well any auto parts store or online. Spark plug leads should last at least 50K miles, so why do your mechanics keep changing them? You can also get a universal V8 set of plug leads and make up your own, but the plug end boots will not be "correct" although they will work fine. It just depends whether you want it to appear stock as from the factory or aftermarket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts