Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who's coming to Orlando this weekend?

Kevin Flankey
SRX 3116

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
So, who's coming to Orlando this weekend?

Kevin Flankey
SRX 3116
Unless you're an RROC-US member, probably none of us.

Have they announced whether the Judging Field is going to be opened to the public (via ticket purchase) for viewing after judging itself is over at this meet? Unless that change has been made officially, all events related to a RROC Annual Meet are closed to anyone other than club members registered for the Meet event(s).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Brian,
I guess the options for non-members are to know a member and have them purchase a $30 day-pass for them (so they can attend the concours), or, new for this year, a scaled-down show, open to the public, on Thursday, the 2nd).

I'm a little peeved that I had to purchase day-passes for my mom and a girlfriend, so they could join me at one of the evening parties. That policy certainly discouraged me from inviting other friends to some of the other social functions.

I'll post pictures when possible.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Hi Brian,
I'm a little peeved that I had to purchase day-passes for my mom and a girlfriend, so they could join me at one of the evening parties. That policy certainly discouraged me from inviting other friends to some of the other social functions.
The current leadership in the RROC-US is vastly improved over the true Old Guard, but there's still a ridiculously stringent view of the provision in the bylaws that club activities cannot be of benefit to anyone other than club members.

It's no mystery to me why membership has been dwindling and most suggestions about how to do real outreach are met with, "But we can't do that, it violates the bylaws."

It's a major victory that there will be ticketed admission to the concours for the public this year after the actual judging sessions are over. It's very hard to attract members to a club that won't allow virtually any "previews" of what the club is about and what actually goes on at their events. The RROC is the only car club that I know of that is as functionally closed to outreach as it is.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The current leadership in the RROC-US is vastly improved over the true Old Guard, but there's still a ridiculously stringent view of the provision in the bylaws that club activities cannot be of benefit to anyone other than club members.

It's no mystery to me why membership has been dwindling and most suggestions about how to do real outreach are met with, "But we can't do that, it violates the bylaws."...

...The RROC is the only car club that I know of that is as functionally closed to outreach as it is.
With the exception of maybe the Peoples' Rolls Royce Owners Club of North Korea.

All kidding aside, the new president is an acquaintance of mine. I'll talk to him about this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts