Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a recently purchased Azure that currently has a TPMS fault. While the previous owner put a lot of money into this car before selling it, the one item he deferred on was this TPMS issue. The Bentley tech put in the notes that the car would need four sensors and the TPMS module to fix the issue. I've gotten price quotes on the module and the sensors and while I know the module cost will be what it will be, I'm wondering if anyone has found third party TPMS sensors that will still talk with to the Bentley Module. I was quoted $140 a piece for the sensors which just seems a bit ridiculous for what they are and when I do searches on Ebay and the like, I find sets of 4 sensors for the cost of one of these genuine parts, which claim they work for my car. I'm just wondering if that's really true and if others have had any luck with something like this. If I have to buy the genuine sensors, I will, but before I just go throwing money around, I wanted to check first. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Breakdown the tire/wheel and I think you will find VW stampings and part #. After 10 yrs or so they degrade.
I had experience with a 2006 Flying Spur and we used VW replacements that were cheaper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will definitely do that if someone doesn't already have the part numbers readily available.

·
Registered
81 Posts
RDE048 should be the part that you need. AKA RDE048V21
Stick with the OEM supplier - HUF / Beru

As a side note, don't drive the vehicle with extra new or old sensors in the car.
Vehicle vibrations with active the extra sensors in the car and confuse the control unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, JR2. And I'll definitely keep that in mind about having the extra sensors in the car. I'm planning on replacing all sensors and the module at the same time so hopefully that won't be an issue in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts