Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Looking for some ideas. I have a 2004 Arnage T that I had purchased with quite a few issues unfortunately that still cannot be ironed out, even with the help of a very qualified Bentley mechanic, where the main issue is the ECM.

The Air Ride Suspension is not working though the system has been gone over and new parts added. Each Shock does not work electrically and the Suspension ECU checks out fine, but the ride is like a rock in the rea.

Does anyone know if there are regular gas shocks( Gabriel, KYB, etc..) that can put in place to replace the OEM shocks so it has a smooth ride?

I am wondering if the car can be "bagged" for an air ride like they do for custom cars

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you swapped the 3 spheres and flushed the hydraulic oil?

In the rear it's rather a hydraulic suspension than an air suspension on an Arnage. The system with 2 spheres is derived from the Citroën hydraulic suspension, but uses regular springs.

The breaks and steering are supported by the third sphere.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If the Bentley qualified mechanic can't figure it out, or doesn't straight out know, then he's not qualified.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do all Arnages have hydraulic leveling systems or at some point was it changed to pneumatic? Mine is hydraulic. If yours is hydraulic, the classic cause of hard ride is failed diaphragms in the rear accumulators. This system is entirely mechanical, the ECM plays no part other than to give warning light if hydraulic fluid level is low. The solution is to replace the rear accumulator spheres as Grease Donkey suggests. They are very expensive from Bentley, I used Mercedes spheres which are the same except for hydraulic connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts