Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, this is for a 2003 Arnage T.

Symptoms:
Car won't start and alarm keeps going off. I swapped batteries out for good ones and tested voltage but the moment you plug them in, the siren goes off.
Key fob battery tested at 3.14v but I replaced it anyway for good measure. It does not lock or unlock the car so i assume that either the fob or the alarm module is roasted

Called the dealer and they indicated that they keys may not be available for this model.

Any thoughts on how to bypass?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Al, I think you may get the info/advice you need from the RROC Forum. Give it a shot. I purposely focused on SY cars for the last 25 yrs so I can't be of help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is another battery which is hard wired into the alarm unit itself so that the alarm cannot be disarmed by disconnecting the other batteries. This battery expires over time.
Someone with electronic skills and adept with a soldering iron could replace it otherwise it requires a new alarm unit. About £350 fitted according to my memory.
I did a post on this a few years ago.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I assume from the right side fender where it's making a racket. I'll check it out next time I go up there.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All, for anyone who's interested:

I was able to disable the alarm siren by disconnecting the siren from the wiring harness at the inner fender on the passenger side. This allowed to think without the constant racket of the siren going off and fear of annoying my neighbors.

I was pretty sure that my key was hosed because it does not appear to function at all. I ordered a replacement key from the dealer and was able to get it. There's a lot of rumors indicating that keys may not be available. I was able to buy one for $650 at the dealer, cut to my car which is about the same price as used key on ebay. If anyone is thinking of buying a used key, don't waste your money. Call the dealer up.

The key came cut but not programmed. This required $600 in labor and for me to load the car up onto a trailer and take it to them. After doing lots and lots of reading (not on any RR/B forum), I was pretty sure that my scanner would be able to decode the immobilizer so that I could program the key and it was. I got it running today

It still has a couple of issues that I need to work out. I'll update this thread if I find something interesting.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All to update on this issue, another problem that i was having is that I had to jump the fuel pump in order to get the car running. Initially I thought it might be the inertia switch but after pressing it a couple of times, it did not solve the problem and then i assumed that the issue might be tied to the alarm system which is always going off when i enter the car because the key fob is not coded. I eventually went back to the inertia switch, removed it from the car and tested it. It had failed.

I bought a replacement switch on Amazon which solved the problem. Now I either need to find a master check or send the car to the dealer for key fob alignment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts