I had to rework all 4 windows on my Arnage. First check the power to the window. You can do this by unplugging the circular connector at the bottom forward corner of the door. Check for 12V at the appropriate pins when the window switch is pressed up or down. If there is no power you have an electrical problem. If you have power you will need to remove the door panel. There are three possibilities: most common, the window regulator cable has snapped or retainers broken. You can send the assembly away to be rebuilt or buy a new one. Power Window Repair - The Original Power Window Repair Company (If it is just the cable retainer failure you can use a metal one from a bicycle shop). Second, the window has simply jammed in the up position and put the system in a bind. Remove the 3 bolts securing the regulator and try bumping the down switch to relieve the bind. Third, unlikely, the motor has failed. Note that in removing the door panel, as careful as you may be, you will inevitably break some of the red retainer pins. You can order new ones from Flying Spares.
Hi there umtaliman, I just sent you a request for door panel removal instructions
Also does anyone know if the window motor on the Bentley Continental GT is the same as the 2000 Bentley Arnage ?? the window motor units look the same and look like they can be unbolted from the regulator and they are much cheaper to find on eBay.
Sorry Tusabes, I don't check the Forum every day. The instructions contain links so to simplify I will just list them. I am assuming front door.
1. Pry off the small speaker grill and access Philips screws underneath to remove triangular plastic trim.
2. Remove two Philips under wood cap and lift wood cap up and off. If the glass is stuck closed you will need to work the wood a little.
3. Pry off cover plate on door latch and remove 2 screws securing latch trim. Remove trim.
4. Remove 2 10mm bolts underneath armrest and remove armrest.
5. Starting at bottom of door, work a pry between trim panel and door to release push-pins. There is a special notched tool for this but not essential. Inevitably some pins will break.
6. Once all pins are released lift trim panel up to release top bracket. You will then need to separate all electrical connectors to remove panel completely.
If it is a rear door instructions are the same except instead of removing triangular plastic trim you must remove the vertical plastic trim separating the window from the quarter panel. Pry it loose from the top and then lift.
It is unlikely the motor is bad. More likely cable problems or glass is simply jammed. Check power to motor first.