Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a key to start my Arnage. I have a 2002 Bentley Arnage Red Label and the keys are missing. I understand that Bentley is no longer supplying them and have confirmed with Ft Lauderdale Bentley that they will not be getting any more of them. I also know that they will not program a key that they don’t sell which I think is absolutely crazy since this was a $250,000 car to begin with. I now have a very expensive driveway decoration that I can’t start or move. Does anyone have any idea where or who can get a key blank, chip, and get it programmed? Or can you take a complete ignition with key from a parts car like they have on ebay? Bypass security? Any help would be amazing. Thanks Mike

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very surpising, our member Allabassi got some recently for an Arnage T from his dealer.

You should contact him

Just found the post

Read message 6 and look at the date !!!!!
Rumors .....

2003 Arnage T alarm / immobilizer issues
It’s the 2001-2002 Keys they are out of. Still no solution. It’s like a real expensive driveway paperweight.

· Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
So do you not have a key at all? I would bet that you could find a key pattern from a VW or BMW that will work. Cutting is easy, I even do it in my shop. I would go through all my blanks and find one from another car that will slide into the ignition, perhaps you can get a mobile locksmith to come out and do that at your home. If you can find one that will slide in it can probably be cut to work. For programming you will need to find a shop with the Bentley Omitec or Mastercheck diagnostic tools. It only takes a couple minutes to program a key, I did two a couple days ago for a late Spur.

· Registered
1,860 Posts
My suggestion is to find someone who's dismantling a 2002 Arnage and buy a lock set , plus the alarm module and immobilizer. If it's all functioning before it was removed, it should all function when you re-install it

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So do you not have a key at all? I would bet that you could find a key pattern from a VW or BMW that will work. Cutting is easy, I even do it in my shop. I would go through all my blanks and find one from another car that will slide into the ignition, perhaps you can get a mobile locksmith to come out and do that at your home. If you can find one that will slide in it can probably be cut to work. For programming you will need to find a shop with the Bentley Omitec or Mastercheck diagnostic tools. It only takes a couple minutes to program a key, I did two a couple days ago for a late Spur.
Called every locksmith, called every Bentley dealer out there, these 01-02 Arnage key blanks are all gone. So where I’m at now is that Bentley no matter what will not cut or program any key they didn’t sell you direct. There are two on ebay, fresh uncut blanks. Don’t understand why they can’t make an exception based on the lack of a solution from them. I decided to buy a parts car key and I just pulled the ignition today. My plan is to just pull the lock pins and let it free rotate with the used key. Then find someone to program it to the car. Do you think this will work? I was even thinking to send it to Bentley and just say “hey it just stopped working, can you fix it, and let them program the use key to the car. Does anyone know of there is a fresh transponder chip I can put in it, I’ve read it’s a common one. And suggestions are welcome.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called every locksmith, called every Bentley dealer out there, these 01-02 Arnage key blanks are all gone. So where I’m at now is that Bentley no matter what will not cut or program any key they didn’t sell you direct. There are two on ebay, fresh uncut blanks. Don’t understand why they can’t make an exception based on the lack of a solution from them. I decided to buy a parts car key and I just pulled the ignition today. My plan is to just pull the lock pins and let it free rotate with the used key. Then find someone to program it to the car. Do you think this will work? I was even thinking to send it to Bentley and just say “hey it just stopped working, can you fix it, and let them program the use key to the car. Does anyone know of there is a fresh transponder chip I can put in it, I’ve read it’s a common one. And suggestions are welcome.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is where I’m at. Lol should I just pull the pins?
My suggestion is to find someone who's dismantling a 2002 Arnage and buy a lock set , plus the alarm module and immobilizer. If it's all functioning before it was removed, it should all function when you re-install it
I was thinking about this method as well. Anyone confirm this would work?? It’s a couple thousand gamble.

· Registered
802 Posts
Believe it or not that's what Bentley did with my '07 Arnage. I had one key but not a second. I ordered a second through the main dealer -- it didn't work. The factory sent out another. It didn't work either. The dealer sent my key in to match it, but that didn't work either. The factory finally sent out a whole new lock set with two new keys. Worked great, and I was only charged for a single key.

· Registered
2 Posts
I need a key to start my Arnage. I have a 2002 Bentley Arnage Red Label and the keys are missing. I understand that Bentley is no longer supplying them and have confirmed with Ft Lauderdale Bentley that they will not be getting any more of them. I also know that they will not program a key that they don’t sell which I think is absolutely crazy since this was a $250,000 car to begin with. I now have a very expensive driveway decoration that I can’t start or move. Does anyone have any idea where or who can get a key blank, chip, and get it programmed? Or can you take a complete ignition with key from a parts car like they have on ebay? Bypass security? Any help would be amazing. Thanks Mike
Don't know if you ever got your key issue solvbed, but try this: Bentley - Arnage Key - Autokey

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick update. I learned a ton figuring this out and was able to remove the ignition and make it so a key would work with the cylinder. Was very hard and complicated and took learning 100s of hours of new skills. Figured out how to pair that key to the vehicle and got it running. If anyone if missing or lost their keys for their Bentley Arnage and needs someone to come fix it I'd be happy to fly out and do it for a fee of course. This will make your car run again and worth big money.

· Registered
7 Posts
Just a quick update. I learned a ton figuring this out and was able to remove the ignition and make it so a key would work with the cylinder. Was very hard and complicated and took learning 100s of hours of new skills. Figured out how to pair that key to the vehicle and got it running. If anyone if missing or lost their keys for their Bentley Arnage and needs someone to come fix it I'd be happy to fly out and do it for a fee of course. This will make your car run again and worth big money.
where are you located ?

Moderator note: Losjm, again, as a relatively new member of this forum, please take a few minutes to read through "Instructions for navigating the site" and "How to reply to a discussion thread"in the FAQ section, link here:FAQ There are other topics there that you may find informative. Please note also that it is not necessary to quote a previous post in your reply if you are following the train of thought in the thread, it just clutters up the thread unnecessarily. Simply start typing your reply in the dialogue box below the last post where it says "write your reply" , do not click on "reply" (which adds the previous post as a quote) unless it is absolutely necessary to maintain continuity in the thread. Thanks, Jim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts