Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, everyone. I have a pristine 2000 Red label with approximately 13000 miles, always stored indoors. The check engine was going on and off occasionally, and now it is on again. When it was plugged in yesterday at my Mercedes dealership where I work it said " 02sensor 1, bank 1". My question is there more than one sensor in this engine, and how difficult are they to replace ? Will driving the car with this warning cause any problems? Of course I intend to have it corrected . I only put about 500 miles a year on it, mostly nice Sunday morning drives and car shows. Thank you all in advance for your expertise !!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
My '07 has 4: 2 per bank. Some of them (at least) are a royal pain to get at (requiring dropping parts of the rear suspension if memory serves).

I've had two of them die in the last few years. Assuming it's the sensor that's dying driving on it won't hurt. If the sensor is fine and is just picking up some other fault, it could. But usually you'd get limp mode or other symptoms if that were the case.

·
Registered
81 Posts
2000 Red Label is a single turbo car with a total of two oxygen sensors.
The pre-catalyst oxygen sensor is defined as "02sensor 1, bank 1"
Part # UT10094 or Bosch 13645. The Red arrow shows where it is situated on the engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts