Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some history: My 94 Turbo didn't come with a key fob, just two keys. Very occasionally the car wont start (ignition lights but not engaging starter). Mostly I have attributed this to someone using the key to open the passenger door or boot. Messing around and locking unlocking doors then the drivers door seems to resolve this and car starts. I try to ONLY use drivers door to unlock the car now. (Though along the above analysis may be completely coincidental). A couple of months ago the central locking stoppped working and today I decided to poke around and see if I could fix it. Nothing complicated - fuses, relays etc. Now the car seems to be permanently immobilised. Ignition/dash lights come on but won't engage starter. 4 beeps when I remove the key! Think that's normal but can't remember. Locking unlocking various doors/boot in various sequence has no effect. Anyone experienced anything similar or got any suggestions? Can't even take it to anyone to have a look if it won't start!

·
Registered
167 Posts
On the later cars (mines a 98) the same ecu does alarm, immobiliser and cdl so all connected. My car did exactly what you describe and it was the battery in this ecu that had gone flat and leaked causing the immobiliser to play up. Since repair, no more problems. As a bonus, if you send the ecu away and request new fobs, you should get them and they will be paired to the ecu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts