Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I recently bought a set of 17" wheels for my 93 Brooklands and am having fitment issues.

These are the wheels:

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs

I believe these are from a Bentley Turbo RT and are the same wheels that Flying Spares is selling here: SET OF 17 They say they should fit my series of car.

The issue is that when I try to mount the front wheels, the grease cap hits the wheel center first, then it actually hits the wheel itself prior the wheel properly seating against the brake rotor.

This is the front hub:
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part Machine

My thought is that I would need some type of spacer between the wheel and the brake rotor. It would need to be a 5" x 155mm spacer, which does not exist in the marketplace, However, I do have a friend that is a master fabricator and could make that spacer; but then I'm wondering if I'll need longer wheel studs. The gap between the wheel and the brake rotor is around .3" or .4".

This is the car with it's current stock 15" wheels:
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Sincere Thanks,
Chuck C.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Did you buy these from Jason Courtney from Dream Car Chicago? If so, those are my rims I sold to him with my 1989 Bentley Turbo R.

v/r,
Stephen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE

So the issue with the wheels going on the front was the grease cap. I was able to pound the grease cap into a more conical shape using a hammer, and now the wheels fit fine, all flush against the hub. (Also, the rear wheels fit fine; no issues with those.)

However, the reshaped (lol) grease cap doesn't have enough room around the sides to allow for the 'B' center cap to fit on the wheel. See pictures below:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Rim

What I need is a conically-shaped grease cap, similar to the one shown below (for a Triumph TR6):
Drinkware Eye Plant Cup Body jewelry

Anyone have any thoughts? Sincere Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts