Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering buying a 1989 Bentley Turbo R and I have noticed that none of the interior lights come on, including those within the dash. The exterior lights all work ok, as do the other electrics. Is there something I can try to resolve this or do I need to try changing fuses, relays?

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Just follow the wires from the dimmer knob to the dimmer module and from the dimmer to the relay. There might be a fuseboard schematic at the fuses indicating which fuse feeds the fascia lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thank you all for your suggestions. They are both working now. The interior lights (what a stunningly beautiful interior it is with them on) however do not go off after the doors are closed. Should they? perhaps this is why a previous owner may have disconnected them.

Moderator note: No need to quote a previous post when you are replying if you are following the train of thought in the thread

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
All RR/B have a timer module to turn off interior lamps when the doors are shut. Yours has a malfunction, leading the previous owner to mod the system to keep them off. Replace the module.
]https://rrtechnical.info/sz/sz87/tsd4701/28a.pdf[/URL]
The delay module may look like this: COURTESY LIGHT DELAY (UD26559U)

Go to the Bentley Heritage site and plug in your VIN for the exact parts for your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The ride is very bouncy in the rear so I am going to replace the 2 Gas Springs. I should have the new Spheres tomorrow and I have the replacement LHM+ fluid. Hopefully 2 litres is enough. If that resolves the issue, I may go ahead (there is also some surface rust that would need to be done) . If it doesn't fix the issue, I'll bring it back to the seller. I do not have access to mechanics familiar with these cars locally.

·
Registered
1971 Bentley T
91 Posts
Here is a repeat of a warning I have posted several times on RR/B and Citroen websites.

Spheres need to be tightened ONLY BY HAND. If they are "spun down" with a clonk the impact caused by the inertia will tighten them so much they will need a special clamp-spanner to loosen them, or a hammer and chisel. The operating pressure locks the threads so tight that they never move in action.

Alan D.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts