Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on an article I read about air flow, I removed the covers for the air intake to the passenger compartment; the right side was relatively free of leaves and other debris, but the left side had an abundance of what appeared to be string mixed with foam. See the attached photo of what I removed!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
This subject makes me wonder "if" my 02 Azure has access to any air intake vents or cabin filters for that matter ?? I'm sure there are, however where/what do I dismantle to actually get at them ? I looked under dash. Don't believe access is there. Perused the firewall....Couldn't tell. Anyone have a clue ? Thx in advance, Todd

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
This subject makes me wonder "if" my 02 Azure has access to any air intake vents or cabin filters for that matter ?? I'm sure there are, however where/what do I dismantle to actually get at them ? I looked under dash. Don't believe access is there. Perused the firewall....Couldn't tell. Anyone have a clue ? Thx in advance, Todd
Todd,

Take a picture of your engine bay where the firewall is in view, start a new thread dedicated to the Bentley Azure cabin filter (or lack thereof - I don't know yet), and post that photo there.

Once the firewall is visible and the "old style" air ducting, or lack thereof, can be seen that question can be answered.

My gut is telling me that you'll still have a variant on the classic scuttle intake filter which does not appear to be disposable like the SY era ones, but IETIS does show a part number UD24408 that's described as "FILTER FAN HOUSING" but it is not in a location that would suggest that this is a routine service item that's meant to be replaced periodically.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dear Brian,
Thank you for your quick response "as usual" :) I concur this is probably not a routine service item. Azure is currently at Grand Lake. I'm at our Vail residence. Reason for my question that may not have anything to do with the filterization or lack thereof is my ACU blows cold all of the time. Works in all switch positions, however will not go from cold to warm/hot air flow when adjusting to do so. Just something else I need to go through.
Best,
Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts