Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RR has a problem with gear selector as the gear rod can be moved from parking to drive and to reverse but the car's actual gear is not moving. I wonder the might be the problem is or is it a common problem to deal with. May I know the reason for this problem and also Solutions

·
Registered
91 Posts
These cars use an electrical system to shift the gears, check the fuses and electrical system.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The gear change is accomplished using a small electric motor in a case bolted to the side of the transmission. The output of this case has a "rod" aka linkage that connects to the actual shift pawl of the gearbox.
The gear selector at the steering column is just a wiper switch with multiple contacts.
There is a "cut out" relay that protects the system.
Look in your handbook for this "cutout' (circuit breaker)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Have someone cycle through the gear changes while you peak under the car with a flash light (put your head below the b pillar) and see if the motor that takes the signal from the stalk and mechanically changes gears is moving.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have someone cycle through the gear changes while you peak under the car with a flash light (put your head below the b pillar) and see if the motor that takes the signal from the stalk and mechanically changes gears is moving.

Let us know what you find out.
I saw it from down but no moment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts