Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
There's no body riser air system, there's hydraulic self-levelling rear suspension that keeps the rear level when weight is placed in the rear of the car. If you can get access to the gear selector on the side of the gearbox you could disconnect it and manually move the lever to select neutral. A blank key won't work as it won't turn on the ignition. If you get the car's VIN number you might be able to get a key cut at Albers in the USA.
I got key cut by main agent Jack Barclay within 24 hours from factory records on 93 Turbo R. They did need lots of proof of ID and ownership, makes sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you now got it out? (With or without dollies in place?)

I would have thought after ten years the titres would be flat or at least a bad flat spot on them having been in the same place for many years. Also you're very lucky if the brakes were not well seized after so long.

If the others that are interested decide to pass, please let me know as I could well be interested in it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Too bad the cylinders were not oiled before cranking the engine after a 10 year slumber.
Yes. Only cranked it for two 10 second bursts. Any further attempts will have to be done by a qualified RR shop. The bad news is that the only one within 100 miles moved out 8 years ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks Rolls-Royce Texas. I'll keep your info. Working with two prosepectives now. Extreme early stages.
Luckily the area is somewhat climate controlled so it helped with the tires and brakes. 10 year old tires and 10 year old gas pretty much make it a very heavy paperweight. The place intended for storage has not gotten back to us so while the vehicle can now roll, it has nowhere to roll to. That will change.
Ed

21 - 25 of 25 Posts