Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I'm currently putting my Dads 1980 Shadow 2 back together, hopefully for our wedding. All is going well bar a few electrical issues now. So the car was stripped completely when he bought it, all the relays and everything zo I've pieced it all back together going on the wiring diagram with these left:

Wipers permanently on slow with ignition.

Drivers side blower on permanently with battery and the flap actuator in the drivers footwell on continuous with key

Finally the fuel pump blows fuse 2, bench tested it works fine, runs fast and good suction/blow -oooeerr!- my question is what size fuse should it be? I assumed 10 but can't see it in the diagram or manual.

Appreciate its allot but any help would be a god send!
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Engineering

This might prove helpful. Unfortunately, I can't be of any additional help.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My car is a series 1 and the wiper system is different. However, from looking at the picture of a series 2 wiper it looks like the on/off switch is the same. I've pointed to it with the red arrow in the pic below. The blue arrow points to the other connector. When you turn the wipers off the motor will continue it's last wipe, the motor will then reverse to park the wipers low on the screen (refered to as the off screen position). The motor only stops when the switch in the actual motor goes to the off position, actuated by the crank inside the motor. This should be the first thing you check. It may be badly adjusted or the switch may have failed in the on position.

Again, the series 1 may be different but the flap actuator in the foot well of my car is for re-circ. I've unplugged both servo motors in my car as I prefer to not to breath in car exhaust from the car in front when in traffic. Unplugging the servo (stepper) motor will stop the flap actuator from recycling and allow you time to investigate the fault (wiring or faulty servo).

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts