Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquire a 1978 Silver Shadow that has the smog pump installed but the outlet is not connected to anything, there is not even a hose attach to it.Can anyone give me an idea of where this air pump connects? Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Here is a photo my 1979, but, if this is disconnected it is most likely that the entire system of "air antlers" that run from it back to the engine are gone, too. My guess is that all the rest of the system is gone if this was just allowed to remain in place but with nothing connected.

Automotive fuel system Gas Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
If you are looking for what parts are needed to bring the car back to "birthed condition", visit the Bentley Heritage site and plug in your chassis number and the parts for your car will come up.
The smog pump (GM-very common), does little for performance nor does it take away any power from the overall equation.. Common reason for disconnecting is a noisy pump Most owners do not miss the extra plumbing, check valves, solenoids, and antlers robbing elbow space in there. My 1981 SW II does not have a pump nor antlers from the factory, the '76...total submarine look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts