Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my 1976 Silver Shadow. Sand over brown with brown leather interior. 113K miles. Engine will run for a few seconds on starting fluid. I've only used the starting fluid a couple of times as I've heard it is potentially damaging to the engine, but I did it for diagnostic reasons. Car ran fine when parked a couple of years ago.

Traced the problem to no power at the fuel pump. Power is present at the fuel pump fuse. Ran a jumper wire to each side of the fuel pump and only one side functioning, but pump run and runs (clicks constantly) without slowing down which to me, is indicative she's not pressuring up. Simply do not have the time to continue and need the garage space.

Is $4,800 a reasonable price? I'm located between Houston and Galveston, Texas. Have clear Texas title in my name in hand. Please phone 713-516-4978.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Price seems very reasonable. If the fuel pump is the only problem and you were to replace it and get the car running you could fetch a better price. It would probably be worth doing. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a LHD model but at the price you're quoting you'll hopefully get a buyer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Pump

Price seems very reasonable. If the fuel pump is the only problem and you were to replace it and get the car running you could fetch a better price. It would probably be worth doing. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a LHD model but at the price you're quoting you'll hopefully get a buyer.
Agreed, but I have ordered an inexpensive (for testing purposes, only) fuel pump to temporarily install. Have also moved the car outside during my testing as I do not want to risk a garage fire. Have managed to get fuel to the pump via my manual Mity-Vac, and confirmed pump is functioning albeit slowly...one side is definitely sucking and the other side producing positive pressure, but no way to measure amount.

I have more recent photos to post and will do so. Apologies as I have tried to figure out how to delete the existing photos as they are not very complimentary of this grand old car.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price reduced to $3,900. I need garage space!

Agreed, but I have ordered an inexpensive (for testing purposes, only) fuel pump to temporarily install. Have also moved the car outside during my testing as I do not want to risk a garage fire. Have managed to get fuel to the pump via my manual Mity-Vac, and confirmed pump is functioning albeit slowly...one side is definitely sucking and the other side producing positive pressure, but no way to measure amount.

I have more recent photos to post and will do so. Apologies as I have tried to figure out how to delete the existing photos as they are not very complimentary of this grand old car.
By the way, I have reduced the price to $3,900 as I need the garage space. Yes, I have the RR mascot...it is kept in my home for safe keeping but goes with the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts