Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why not start by looking in your owner's handbook? There is a very good overview of the braking and height control system. A copy can be view in the RROCA site. The URL is http://rrtechnical.info/sy/handbooks/1975e.pdf
This will enable you to understand the relationship between brakes and height control. I would not advise it, but it is possble to isolate the height control rams by inserting a blanking ball bearing inside the height control valves. Alternatively why not get the car repaired to the condition and standard that it was designed to be?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
If you want to see one of the best descriptions (with animations) that I've ever seen on Silver Shadow Hydraulics, visit Marinus Rijker's Silver Shadow Hydraulics Pages.

I have posted a file with many resources related to Rolls-Royce and Bentley parts, repair, restoration, and other resources here. One of the things included in it is how to blank off the height control system should you so desire.

Just so you know, virtually all of the seal kits are nothing but a specific collection of standard sized O-rings in EPDM. I will soon have the last of the rings I need to put together several of the hydraulic seal kits, including the height control valve rebuild kit. The trick was getting the quad rings that seal around the shaft through the center of the valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts