Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a 4 door 1963 Silver Cloud II which has been standing covered outside for many years, but seems to be in good condition (inside and out) for her age...although the tyres are completely flat!

Apparently she was being driven up until 7 years ago after which the owner simply parked her and has not used the car since.

I would love to make an offer for the car (I have a feeling that she will be left to rot away otherwise) but I do not have the faintest idea of what to offer. I see excellent running models of the Silver Cloud advertised for between £20,000 and £30,000 GBP. Obviously this particular car is not worth £20k as she will, no doubt, need thousands of pounds spent on renovation work to make her road worthy!

If the forum members could suggest some 'ball park' figures to me, I can then approach the owner with a sensible and informed offer for the Cloud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The figure I had in mind was £5,000 GBP.

Does the forum consider this to be an reasonable figure?

I believe I am only to going to have 'one bite of the cherry' when I approach the owner, start inspecting the RR properly and then make an offer. Too low, he'll show me the door. Too high, I'll have a classic car worth less than the renovation costs!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Your question is rather difficult to answer as there is no such thing like a cheap Rolls-Royce - just one thing: 5.000 GBP is pretty close to scrapyard rates...

Is she a standard 4 door Cloud, or a special body (Hooper, Young,etc.)?
Is the car complete?
Is she rotting already?
Is she dry inside - carpets, leather?
How's the woodwork?
Engine turning?

Can't you take pictures of the car - inside and out AND underneath and leave them here? This would help a lot to give a more detailed answer. I'm afraid you will still have to offer at least double your estimate - even if she isn't running yet.

Regards JimKnopf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts