Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone,
i am looking to purchase a 1936 roll-royce Park Ward swept Back Saloon .never owned a roll-royce before could anyone please give me any guidance on this model . idea's on value would be a great help.is there anywhere i can contact to have a survey before purchase on something like this.any help at all will be greatly appreciated and if all goes well i will post some pictures.

cheers
adrian

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 20/25 is (In my biased opinion - I have an early model from 1929) is the most sensible RR. It is a 'real' car. Some post war model are delightful but somehow not the same. The cost of ownership is more sensible than the Phantom but can be significant if you buy a bad one.
Please do get someone who knows pre-war RRs to check it out before buying.
As for value, I can't remember seeing anything that is roadworthy for less than 20k. Most saloons seem to be 25k to 35k but originality is everytyhing (possibly more than condition - which is probably more important if you think about it). There would seem to be no upper limit for a truely 'right' car.
My opinion is that once you have a 20/25 (that is working as Henry intended) then ££ value is irrelevant - the pleasure of ownership and usng it beats all.

Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts