Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the white plug is called going into my firewall ? Need to order a new one as this one was damaged but do not know what it is called ?
BE3E9D4A-DA27-429A-91D5-0A8FAD764027.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea what exactly I would google to be able to find one ? Typing air sensor for box does not show me anything in google when trying to find one for sale .

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, that is the Air Temperature Switch UD21542.

You should be able to find a used one as new ones are expensive but are available at Flying Spares or Introcar.

Jake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Matt

Once again, as a Jaguar enthusiast, this may be useful and worth investigating.
I thought I'd add this here as well for others searching in the future.

Search for "otter switch"

Also Welsh Ent.

·
Registered
558 Posts
And for others in the future searching, from my response in another post here: That is simply a thermostatic switch. It is NC and opens circuit when it senses an incoming air temperature of 1°C and below to disconnect the AC compressor clutch. Just connect the two wires together that were originally in the connector to it and use it without that switch. You may have an issue with icing if you run without it in below freezing temperatures but it will have no effect on AC operation above freezing with the wires connected together and the switch out of the equation. As it is a Normally Closed switch that opens circuit at 1°C you're not going to find one meant for sensing coolant temperature that will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts