Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hey Guys,

I just got this. Was hoping how can i go about getting a back up camera 馃槼馃槼... is it possible to get one? If so, any recommendations

Registered
You can find aftermarket wireless cameras set ups, some built into the license plate frame.

Registered
What is the setup as far as your stereo goes? I can't remember when GPS and the associated display became standard equipment. It is possible that, for some of the later head units, you may be able to get an add-on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
What is the setup as far as your stereo goes? I can't remember when GPS and the associated display became standard equipment. It is possible that, for some of the later head units, you may be able to get an add-on.
Oh seriously 馃槼, thx, but how do i find out about all this.

Registered
The following is a serious question: Do you care whether the car can be judged competitively?

If so, then you can only have that happen without point deductions if the changes are made by an authorized Bentley dealer.

If not, then consult with a company such as Crutchfield, as they know virtually any available aftermarket add-on for existing equipment or what can replace it without any need to modify the dash, which, of course, you just don't do in these cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The following is a serious question: Do you care whether the car can be judged competitively?

If so, then you can only have that happen without point deductions if the changes are made by an authorized Bentley dealer.

If not, then consult with a company such as Crutchfield, as they know virtually any available aftermarket add-on for existing equipment or what can replace it without any need to modify the dash, which, of course, you just don't do in these cars.
I just need thr camera because I live in a condo building, and reversing this beast without it is quiet scarey. I dont want any after market product, the add on would be great

Registered
There are some cameras that will mount in place of a number plate light, these are the least obnoxious as they blend it. @guyslp my 03 Arnage has a pop up display for the GPS system that comes out of the top of the dash. It's an Alpine head unit so I suspect that there are aftermarket options that can be made to work. I don't expect that the answers would be found here. But maybe on an in car entertainment forum

Registered
In many cases, the aftermarket is better than a factory install. Before video cameras, there were audible sensors. I would research camera/license frame wireless

Registered
My '07 has a factory back-up camera (that displays through the pop-up nav system, though it was broken when I got it and it's one of the few things I've never bothered to fix).

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
My '07 has a factory back-up camera (that displays through the pop-up nav system, though it was broken when I got it and it's one of the few things I've never bothered to fix).
Oh I probably have one lol! Or not. I am still discovering. I check through the pop up. But nothing said camera. All about nav and satellite

Registered
The thing I love about Crutchfield is the depth of their expertise and their willingness to help, even when an imminent sale is not part of the bargain. They have truly outstanding and "old-fashioned" customer service where they know the value of relationship building as part of gaining future sales and recommendations.

I have yet to see them not know about any factory options that came standard, or as a possible option, on any car. That's the main reason I suggested them. If your car happens to have a non-functional backup camera, they'll likely know how to fix it (though that won't help you much if you don't have a Crutchfield nearby).

But if you do have one, and it's non-functional, that eliminates the need to worry about getting one and about originality, as fixing what came from the factory is never an issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
The thing I love about Crutchfield is the depth of their expertise and their willingness to help, even when an imminent sale is not part of the bargain. They have truly outstanding and "old-fashioned" customer service where they know the value of relationship building as part of gaining future sales and recommendations.

I have yet to see them not know about any factory options that came standard, or as a possible option, on any car. That's the main reason I suggested them. If your car happens to have a non-functional backup camera, they'll likely know how to fix it (though that won't help you much if you don't have a Crutchfield nearby).

But if you do have one, and it's non-functional, that eliminates the need to worry about getting one and about originality, as fixing what came from the factory is never an issue.
I am in Halifax Canada. I will call them up tomorrow to see if they can sell me the product and I get it installed here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts