Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur, Mulsanne Green
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dealing with various cooling system leaks y car developed a new hydraulic system leak in one of the accumulators. That was fixed and brakes bled but then we had a hydraulic pressure spike and one of my hydraulic system pumps bent its needle. That required disassembly of the intake system to get it out and fix it. What a nightmare. Now with that all off we are also replacing the valve cover gaskets. Any idea why we would have a pressure spike in the system that would cause that? This car has been a horrible money pit. Much worse than my ‘88 was…

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
A brake pump pushrod failure would be caused by a seized accumulator valve, or a seized brake pump. Did the shop replace the leaking accumulator valve with a new, used, or rebuilt valve? Did the pushrod bend right after rectifying the accumulator valve leak?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Begs the question, why didn't they replace the pressure valve at the same time, and or test with a gauge at the pressure valve before or after the accumulator replacement.
Now it's removal time and replacement at the customers' expense.

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
I suspect they installed a faulty accumulator valve or didn't overhaul it properly if they rebuilt it themselves. Have you asked about that?

·
Super Moderator
769 Posts
Make sure they replace the intake runner O rings with new, they are a common source of vacuum leaks. Also make sure they use Hylomar or Loctite anaerobic sealant for the valley cover, not silicone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts