Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I would think also bent wheel, and don't think you could see it with eyes if small.
Allabassi says you shoukd see it when balancing, I would say if you pay attention ?

prop shaft including the rubber flector should be checked too

·
Registered
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur, Mulsanne Green
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Again, put it on a lift to observe a crooked wheel or prop issues. Following from the rear to observe a wheel that is not true is fruitless. It does not take much to create a vibration and that cannot be easily seen.
That will happen next week. I disagree tho about the wheel. I will be able to see if that’s a problem at 80. I see cars going down the road all of the time with wheel balance or trueness issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could also check the drive line angle of the propshaft. I worked at crewe in the experimental department and we always set this on the cars with centre bearings after gearbox or propshaft removal. It does have a big impact on the cars refinement.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Car is in the shop. The problem is in the driveshaft. They are pulling it in the next week or two and will send it to our local driveline shop for whatever it needs to be right.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
As mentioned in post 11, there is a flexdisc as part of the system and sometimes the propshaft will loose a weight. Whenever a mass is rotated, balance is very critical, whether it's a flywheel, torque converter or roadwheel.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It is a driveshaft issue and is getting pulled and sent off to a specialized driveshaft shop here locally for balancing or whatever else it may need.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts