Overheating issue !! - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Overheating issue !!

Hi All

I have a Bentley gt 2004
I’m having issues with over heating after around 15mins the car starts to overheat and pressuring Iv check the fans if they kick in no problem there checked the thermostat is opening no problem there Iv also checked water pump no issues there I also drained the coolant and vacuumed filled the coolant again and still over heating 😕 I’m hoping that the car ain’t got a head gasket issue is there anything else I can’t do or any other components I can’t check ???

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:46 PM

Have you put the inside heating at maximum temperature for at least 5 mn when the car is hot ?

You replaced coolant using a vacuum system ?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Yup mate tried that heat up full not much heat tho it’s warm heat also I did vac the coolant also there’s no engine management light on to

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:33 PM

I suppose you used the right coolant with Bentley spec ?
Did you checked real temp with infrared devide ? Are you sure it is overheating ? What are the symptoms except gauge ?

How did you check thermostat ? out of the car in boiling water ?

Not easy to guide you,...

If you touch upper and lower hose from radiator, do you feel a difference iemperature ?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Hi mate

Iv put the right coolant in I haven’t checked the pipes with inferred yet both off the rad put are hot ( as the car gets hot the both rad pipes are getting very stiff ) I checked the thermostat in boiling water there no lights showing on the dash if I leave the cap off the expansion tank it’s throwing out boiling water
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 05:22 AM

It's normal if you open expansion cap when the car is hot that the coolant is getting out with prssure !!!

You should check upper and lower radiator temperature with an infrta red device, not so expansive.

Also you should make sure your thermostat is original and opens at the right temperature required by Bentley

What are finally the real symptoms which makes you think it overheats ?
You should first make sure it really overheat.

Those car have a gauge showing real temp or just a light if overheat ?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Cheers mate there no light coming up with overheating just the gauge goes up to max if I don’t take the cap of the expansion tank steam is coming out of the side off the bottle I will check with the inferred what temps are showing are these cars Common for overheating?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:54 AM

Hi get a temp laser gun and see if the temp is all the same from rads to every point on the Motor if it is you have a suspect head gasket sorry

Bentleyman22
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 08:19 AM

Add a trace additive to coolant and check with UV light at exhaust. If present you have bad head gaskets. Also bad gaskets can highly pressurize rad hoses (top) to a point where you cannot squeeze them. There would also be a strong exhaust odor at the cap and even bubbling when the cap is removed. Head gaskets on a "W" motor could easily cost more than the car is worth.

LRL-41587C
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Hi there Iv just a combination check on the car and it’s come back yellow 😭😢😤😡😡 has anyone used any off that head gasket solutions ?? Just to get me going for a few weeks cheers guys for the reply’s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode