Ietis for windows 8 - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Ietis for windows 8

Hi all hope this helps if your still having problems pm me and i will see if i can help

Hi ietis loading problems with windows 8
I had problems and this is what I did don’t know if it will help you
This bit didn’t work
Code:
You will then see a box pop-up titled ‘IETIS AUTORUN’, click ‘CONTINUE’.

On the ‘WELCOME’ screen, click ‘CONTINUE’.

On ‘Available Languages’ screen, select desired language, and click ‘OK’.

On ‘Setup Psis Software’ screen, select ‘MASTER’, and click ‘OK’.
this will now install the software on your computer, and will take a few minutes.

So I went to defender and disabled it in settings as it kept telling me I had a virus
I then went back and clicked on set up .ins this opened another window
Asking you to enable or disable so I went for enable
It then allowed me to lode ietis
This will open a new window showing ietis but if you click on this it just tells you that it is out of date
But if you cary on with the set up from hear it should work

Using 'My Computer’ again;

1) Locate the CD-Rom and open the 'Tsd6000_0999' folder and then copy the file - 'Htviewpatch' – (Blue Icon with the words ‘TPE’ on it).

2) Now locate the 'IETIS' Folder on the 'C:’ Drive. Open the folder so you can see the contents, now 'Paste' the file you have just copied into this folder

3) Whilst still in the 'IETIS' Folder on the 'C:' Drive, Double click the 'Htviewpatch' file that you have just copied – This will start the password bypass.

You will see a box pop up titled ‘HTVIEW.EXE’. Select ‘APPLY PATCH’. You will then see a message saying ‘Patch Succesful’ - Click ‘OK’ and close the ‘HTVIEW.EXE’ screen.

You will now have an ‘IETIS’ folder in your programs list that you access from the main Windows Start Menu. Click the ‘IETIS VIEWER’ icon to start the software.

Alternatively you can start the program by Double-Clicking 'Htview.exe' file in the 'IETIS' directory on the C: drive.

Every time you execute this program, the CD should be in the same CD-ROM drive that you used when you installed the program.

And then put your virus back on which should be on the tool bar
If your still having problems let me know

Bentleyman22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 02:12 PM

I will also add that for all versions of Windows I've installed this on, which does not include Win8, it is much easier to copy the entire CD or DVD contents to a dedicated directory on your hard drive and then run the actual installation from the files there.

When IETIS installs, as Michael notes, it keeps a record of where all the data files were located at the time of installation and expects them to be in that same place forever after. If you copy all the files to your hard drive first, then run the install, you don't ever need to worry about the optical media again and, in fact, have a clean copy to burn back to optical media or copy to a jump drive if you ever wish to share.

After the installation of this version, which uses the HTViewpatch, I believe the only thing accessed from the original install directory is the data and dataCD directories. The software itself installs into a dedicated directory under the Program Files folder. However, for the reason I mentioned in the last paragraph I never delete the other materials from the original install folder.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

You Know what your doing so keep it up

Bentleyman22

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 02:22 PM

See your private messages.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 03:16 PM

Windows 10

Hi bentleyman22. Will this work with Windows 10 too? I have an Ietis from 2010 and I could not find that htviewpatch file on mine. I do have that folder, but the file is not there. This software worked on my other laptop, but some worthless thief apparently needed it more than me. I am trying to load it on my new laptop and it is telling me the CD expired. I really don't want to have to buy a new CD and I fear a newer one might not go back as far as mine does. I like having the info on the older cars too. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode