What's The Deal with You Guyz? - Page 3 - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 03:19 PM

Having to travel to London on Saturday in my taty Turbo R with the wife wish i could afford a Mercedes sl or a jag XJ or another convertible jag
sorry have them all and Battery on ebay £50.00

Bentleyman22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackenedrolls View Post
...I don't appreciate the shitty wiring, crappy fuel injection, cracked leather, poor paint jobs from the factory, and in general somewhat lousy build quality and design of these cars. I do, however, enjoy the way they look, and the power they have. I like the 6.75 liter engine... when it runs which isn't very likely or often.

...Do I enjoy the foolish... hopeless... non-working climate control? Or what about the completely unsafe... borderline deadly cruise control?

...How about the idiosyncratic wipers and dumb security features that any 15 year old car thief of today could override in 3 minutes or less? No. Definitely not. Not at all.

...I have yet to see a better example of poor engineering. What in the world were the engineers at Rolls-Royce thinking? They must have been trying to impress the queen of England rather than trying to build a bullet proof, reliable automobile. Or maybe, as the literature I have read suggests, they were the victims of foreign takeover management, and several efforts were made to cut costs during these years. At any rate, Rolls Royce is now BMW from what I understand.. so the "mark" is really just another takeover brand. Just like Jaguar is now just an Indian TATA MOTORCAR.

...What I am saying is, why build such a huge, cool looking, powerful aura car, with legendary lineage, and put BOSCH INJECTION and a bunch of GUARANTEED TO FAIL ELECTRONICS to render the car UNUSABLE WITHIN 20 years.

...Anyway, my question is... should I bother sticking around here?
If you are for real - which I seriously doubt - you have answered your own question. Your contempt and ill-founded hatred toward the marque will surely prevent you from accomplishing any useful repairs to the sorry example you have purchased, even if you were able to acquire the ability. "Poor paint jobs from the factory"??? I'd love to know what level of ability it takes to make this determination on a 32 year old car! "Foolish... hopeless... non-working climate control"? Mine works fine, though my PMC is a 1988. Maybe there's only three years left in it, huh...? "The "mark" is really just another takeover brand"? Sorry, yours is a Crewe-built car under Vickers plc, during one of the most prosperous times in RR history. Equating it to the latest VW/BMW debacle is ridiculous.

Further, I've read your ebay rant. You bought bad, and your criticism should be aimed at your own judgement - not RR in general. Set fire to it, walk away, and count it as education.

And yes, I'm a new-comer here too. And though I did my research and tried my best to purchase a car in good condition, I know it will still have some problems - and I'm fine with that. I bought a 29 year old car with 98k miles on it, and it still looks and drives better than any new car I've ever seen, but I'm very confident it will have issues - and I will fix them.

I've never liked the premise that "you either get it, or you don't", but it seems to apply here. RR is all about craftsmanship, and these cars have it in abundance. It's that very craftsmanship that I cherish most about my car, and it's not found in any other. My 88 Silver Spur replaced a 2001 Lexus LS430. That Lexus rides better, is faster, quieter, more economical, easier to repair, safer, and has more features - and I don't care one bit. Driving my PMC makes the Lexus seem like a Corolla in a prom dress and bad makeup. There simply is no comparison.

This may seem quite a rant for a new member so apologies to anyone offended, but I felt compelled to speak my mind.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 04:06 AM

That was Good keep it up
Michael

Bentleyman22

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 07:31 AM

Good Job Harpo, thank you for the ingineers, workers, machanics, owners who firstly created those very special cars, then built them, maintain them and finally allow us to enjoy them..

Jean

97 Continental R
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 09:12 AM

Garage
Amen, Harpo and Jean
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 09:32 PM

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 05:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrls430 View Post
Sound like it - bipolar probably

Regards
Chris
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Why such a price ? 125.000 USD !!!
Ebay says in french " seller finished this sale because of a mistake in the text...."

Jean

97 Continental R
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrls430 View Post
Yes, it's the same person. He posted the text from his ebay listing here.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 07:08 PM

Garage
I think you should buy an i8 and keep it for a couple of years. Or possibly the new Dyson.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode