2002 Azure, SCBZK22EX2CX01073 - Page 2 - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 06:40 AM

Conti R windscreen is insured, but they have fixed the max price they will pay and of course it is not hte cost of the actual windscreen plus job to replace it.
But at least a part would be paid by insurance. But my insurance is at a reduced price for collector car...
Surpriing UK insurance refuses to insure

97 Continental R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 08:41 AM

Garage
This highlights the problem of making sure that the things you need covered are actually covered. Cheapest is often not the best.

Windscreens have already been discussed on this page but other areas such as foreign recovery are not covered under some policies. For two trips abroad in a year this could cost £4-500.

It pays to read the small print before buying

Paul
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Location: Vail CO 1975/current,Grand Lake CO 1987/current,LaPunta Manzanillo,Mexico 2008/current.
Garage
To All, I have American Collectors Insurance coverage on my 1974 Jaguar OTS. Around $650 USD per yr. Insured for appraised value of $105,000. However no Windscreen coverage as they exclude that............ NOW....I contacted same company to give me a quote for my 2002 Azure. $1,375.00 a yr. and again no WS coverage....I call Farmers Insurance, whom in-fact I have all other vehicles insured with, along with my homeowners policy and water-crafts. The annual premium is $1,360.00 And covers all glass including WS with $100 deductible. Naturally this was a no brainer to go with Farmers Ins. Also, I can place all vehicles "on hold"...storage, and leave comprehensive Ins. on all. Around $150 per vehicle while away for 6 months. That cuts all policy rates almost in half.
All Insurance companies that insure throughout Colorado, quote that the average life span of a windshield here is approximately 6 months. Guess that's why we call it the "Rocky Mountains"!
Happy Motoring,
Todd

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 02:02 PM

Insurance is also a nightmare because state laws regarding what can be insured, and how it must be insured, vary widely.

In Virginia (regardless if we're talking collector or regular car insurance) if your car is not insured it cannot have a license plate. Now, that's no big deal if you've got the "barn find" that will go into storage and/or restoration for years before you ever think about driving it. But if, like me, you have a car that's being worked on and that you need to be able to drive, even if only around the block, you must have liability insurance at a minimum in order to be issued a plate and if you drop it (and you follow the law) you must turn in the plate. Were one to drop insurance several times and have to get new plates several times this becomes an expense.

Both of my RRs are covered under collectors policies from Chubb and the expense is minimal but there is no limit on mileage (as they well know that most collector cars don't cover many miles per year) so that on those occasions where one might want to do a cross country pleasure trip or to a club event you don't have to clear it with them first. Both are agreed value policies but I'd have to go back to check what the coverage is that is the equivalent of "comprehensive" on a regular car insurance policy.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Location: Vail CO 1975/current,Grand Lake CO 1987/current,LaPunta Manzanillo,Mexico 2008/current.
Garage
New Mexico is the ideal state to purchase license plates (cost $27 to $62) with one major stipulation...Residency. Anything to save a buck...hundreds of bucks. For instance...All 4 of my vehicles total Colorado license plate fees exceed $2,500. Instant 2 grand savings. Gotta love that !
My Grand Lake neighbors own a ranch in NM. I probably wont follow through on this as it would be a hassle.
I obtain a lease document from them. I have all other required documentation. And boom ! Every yr thereafter I register online for renewing plates. NM allows you to renew 2 yrs in advance. Just thinking outside the box and a great way to beat the system !!! BTW Montana is very similar.

When I initially registered my 2014 Escalade I got hit with an outrageous Town tax including license plates....$5,200. Ouch ! The Azure....They nailed me for $3,800. I am now depressed :0
Time to crack open a bottle of scotch....Oh Ya !! **** local government agencies !!!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Garage
Todd, in VA we have a personal property tax for all of our cars, boats, airplanes. This is a yearly tax that can be paid every six months. When I bought mt 93 Turbo R I was concerned about what the county would charge me for PP tax. I was lucky, about $18.00 a year. My 2016 Nissan Altima is $640 per year. I should have bought the Arnage I was looking at, but was worried about our tax. Once a vehicle reaches 25 years old, the tax goes away (so far). I agree, **** local government agencies.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It Definitely is what it is.....Off this subject...This may blow your minds....My neighbor 7 doors West of our cabin/compound, Started building a new home. Get this....$68,000 for a fricken building permit. Such is life...LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode