Heater blower. - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Heater blower.

My 1996 Brooklands heater blower is erratic. Some days it works fine, other days it won't come on at any speed. When I switch it on I can hear the servos moving so the switch is working but no fans. Also the A/C compressor doesn't kick in, presumably because it doesn't think the climate control is on. Some days it works fine. Anyone come across this before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:20 PM

I ran into this on mine and found that it seemed to be worse when the exterior temperature was high. I replaced every single relay in the car because a lot of them were starting to look a tiny bit corroded and once I replaced all of the relays I have not had another issue with the fan. Looking at the wiring diagram each speed of the blower has a separate relay under the hood so I am thinking by replacing mine with new ones it fix the problem. That could potentially be yours.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode