Grub screw part number for '03 Arnage T - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Grub screw part number for '03 Arnage T

Hi all,

For an '03 Arnage T, does anyone know the part number for the very small stainless fine thread metric grub screw (set screw) that holds the gear shift knob onto the shaft. There are two of them and I have unfortunately lost mine while working on the car. (I know, I know!)

The usual set screws from harbor freight or the local hardware store aren't the correct pitch or size.

Any help would be appreciated!

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 AM

Garage
Hi Paul,
check this schematic out and tell me which part you need, I will be able to (probably) provide the part number.

Cheers!
Jon

P.S. I was thinking it was number 66 which is part number UM20904SP and is M3 x 10mm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60e50150a84f4e55d12769a05334507958338079R.jpg (41.3 KB, 9 views)

"Gracie"
1979 SSII

Last edited by jonnyc; 03-26-2019 at 09:22 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

I think that you are right Jon. Thanks so much for posting your reply!

Best regards

Paul

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:16 PM

Garage
As always, it's my pleasure to help a fellow glutton for punishment! Enjoy!

"Gracie"
1979 SSII
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Glutton for punishment is an understatement. Now I am wrestling with the passenger presence detection mat airbag fault. At least I have the correct RR/Bentley diagnostic scanner finally. If you ever need to use that I am up in Groton, MA. but I think your car (thankfully) pre-dates some of the hideous computer systems of the 2000's cars!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:09 PM

Garage
Thumbs up

You are correct. No real "computer" to speak of just dozens of relays, sometimes relays that work relays (after all its Rolls Royce so you have to over complicate everything, why put one relay when three will do?) and some "simple" circuit boards, I know, simple is an oxymoron when referring to Rolls Royce. I am a huge fan of the Arnage/Seraph generation but the electronics on top of electronics scare the crap out of me, with that said, I'm sure the day will come when I will buy one or maybe I'll take the high dive in to a dixie cup and get a modern Phantom. For now though, I am very attached to my car, I have put a lot of money and work in to it and ended up with a pretty reliable and presentable car. Thanks for the invite to use the scanner, who knows I may take you up on it some day as I do sometimes act as a consultant when it comes to tracking down parts and diagnosing problems for people and sometimes even my Rolls Royce mechanic will call looking for some research. Maybe since you're only an hour away we can meet up one day this spring and take our PMC'S for lunch, its fun to arrive at Burger King in a Rolls! Blow's peoples minds.

"Gracie"
1979 SSII
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Nice. That would be fun. Looking forward to getting the Arnage on the road this Spring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode