diagnostic kit - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

diagnostic kit

Hi Guy's,

Ive got a few diagnostic kits kicking about and am looking to buy another but want it to do my 1994 Bentley Brooklands.

Ive been looking at omitec systems and obviously I need the extra cable from F/S.

Does anyone have a omitec system? is there a particular model number that I need to work with the Bentley?

Does it read/clear all systems (i.e airbag/engine/transmition)?

Many thanks in advance

Alan

Alan

1993 Bentley Brroklands in red
Chassis number: 54079
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:58 PM

You Have to much Money Ash
Michael

Bentleyman22
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Hi Michael.. ha ha ha.. no i dont, to be honest id got my eye on this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omitec-Omi...vip=true&rt=nc because it was sitting at £130 up until the last minute, then bidding went stupid.

I kept thinking that I want my airbag light knocking off which would have cost me £50 and then id have the unit as a complete peace of mind for if i need it.

The annoying thing is that I've got a few diagnostic kits, I've got a range rover nano com (which strangely enough reads the error codes of the engine but nothing else), I've got a delphi ds150e which reads nothing and also a launch reader viii which reads nothing.

I did buy a ring lock connector hoping that id be able to make a patch lead to an obd and use it with one of my existing kits but I'm still at the drawing board with that.

Unless someone has any further ideas to get one of my kits working correctly?

Thanks

Alan

Alan

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 04:32 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Fabrice Bourrigaud
Might want to serach the net for launch x431, might set you back 500 Euros at Aliexpress but does the job for my brother -

here is the french link saying it will do bentleys... http://launchfrance.fr/fr/profession...sion-2016.html

Original link in China https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20-o...7-7a6b08886a18

Will set you back 455 pounds,

Only pleasure matters - SZ x13475 - SU Carbs
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Don't really want to spend that much to be honest, I'm more interested to find out what protocols the bentley uses, obviously it uses ISO-9141 for the engine & box, but what about the airbag/abs etc..

I'm convinced that i can get one of my kits to read all the data but i need a breakdown of the ecu's so that i can try & work it all out.

Thanks

Alan

Alan

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 03:21 AM

if your looking for a plug for Master check John Bowden can Make you one or Make one from RS
Michael

Bentleyman22
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 03:27 AM

Hi Alan, just a heads up.

Omitec use the same casing for quite a few of their diagnostic machines but the inside is different.

The board with the lead connector on says Rolls Royce on it and is visibly different where the tracks transfer from the lead connector to the diagnostic board conector.

The diagnostic and screen board do look the same.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guy's,

Don't think ive had the pleasure of dealing with John Bowden so if you can possibly give me a contact, id appreciate it and hopefully, he can provide me with the diagram that he uses (as I have the plug and obd cable already)

From what ive worked out, the ISO 9414 is standard OBD where as most of the kits nowadays are ISO 9414-2 which is OBD2 which wont read the Bentley (for the engine and gearbox only).

But what protocols does the ABS/Airbag use? from what ive worked out, these can be read through a single wire (providing the protocol is correct and the obd is powered and earthed.

Many thanks in advance.

Alan

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Hi again guys,

Im getting into this and reading more & more but can someone help me?

Obviously the engine runs on a motronic 1.3 (and i have communication between a couple of obd2 systems)
What system's does the following use?
transmission
Airbag
ABS

Once I get a little more in depth and start to succeed I will post for others to use

Thanks in advance

Alan

Alan

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 09:13 AM

Has anyone figured out or reverse engineered the ECU protocol Bentley uses yet?

I'd LOVE to be able to monitor what is going on in the engine when I get that mysterious flickering check engine light going on in the DIP unit when, I suspect, nothing is actually wrong. On my OBD11-compliant '96 Brooklands.

I recently had to figure out for myself that P0106 meant that the electrical terminals on my MAP sensor needed cleaning and now I get 18 MPG, - better than ever before and up from 9-10. But a few hundred miles into a journey, the check engine light does go on. And this is AFTER I used the accustomed generalised solution with this car, by throwing money at it in new Oxygen sensors, to not much avail!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in