Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

just found this photo

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Mauren 
#1 ·
chuffed to bits
Been hunting for this photo for years, I knew I had it but just could not find it, yesterday fell on it by pure chance, This is my dad in his early twenties. He worked for the Citizen newspaper in Glagow as a driver, part of the job was to rush editorial though to Edinburgh at breakneck speeds for the sister papers evening edition, no fancy e mails in those days, this would have been one of the owners cars, as you can see the roller thing runs in the family. Would estimate taken in the early fifties well chuffed cant get the smile off my face

Can anyone shed some light on the model. I wonder if it is still in existance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Early connections and associations. I have a photo I took of my daughters when they were about 5 in front of a Continental R in 1993 in Mayfair. To own one at the time wouldn't have even come onto the radar,we drove a Mini Metro then. What do I own now amongst other things-You get the idea.

#4 ·
Thanks guys
I sit in that camp also, fond memories of my dad talking me in to working for a Wedding hire company, at the time I did not know he had a previous history at the same age of being introduced to these superb machines, he taught me how to drive them and in my mid twenties just loved every minute, always wanted one and just like you guys all came good in the end

Still smiling looking at the photo you never know someone may have some info on the car, what a shame if it is no more

thanks

#5 ·
I think it looks like a Silver Wraith manufactured between 1946 and 1958. I think there should be a third headlamp in the centre of the lower grill where there's a badge on the above photograph but perhaps that was optional. Lovely looking car, I'll bet your Dad enjoyed driving it.

#9 ·
Many thanks for info

Now that is spooky
Moved around a lot during my work life, all over the UK (originally from Glasgow) and currently living in Angus 30 miles away from Broughty Ferry

Amazing and spooky

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.