'76 Shadow Brake Pump Connection leak - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 28
'76 Shadow Brake Pump Connection leak


I have an expensive (Given the price of RR 363) leak at the line that connects to my passenger-side brake pump, immediately adjacent to the bleeder valve. Upon further review, I believe this is a "high pressure" line and not a feeder line from the reservoir.

That said, I tried to give it a bit more tightening which only made the leak worse. I called Albers and was told that this line needed an O'ring to seal. When I removed the line using a 7/16 crow's foot wrench, I cannot find an o-ring anywhere in the threaded cavity -- it looks like a standard pressurized line. he line emanating from this connection is a hard line- - it is not rubber. Any ideas on sealing this up?

I may not have adequately described the location of the leak -- perhaps leading the gentlemen at Albers to the conclusion that it could be rectified with an O'ring.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Brian in San Diego.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RR Pump.jpg (62.4 KB, 15 views)
Oceansidesurf is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
Jim Walters's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cobble Hill, BC, Canada
Posts: 457
Send a message via AIM to Jim Walters
No O ring on that line, it is a bubble flare. It is the high pressure out to the distribution valve. If deformed you will have to get a new one made.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
Jim Walters is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
Wraithman's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 1,703
Overtightening will deform it. The flair fittings are snug, no overtightening.

Wraithman is online now  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Kelly Opfar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 145
That is not a brake pump. That is an Accumulator Control Valve.
Kelly Opfar is online now  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 90
If you carefully look at lower end of the fitting. If its flared out (bell shaped) it been over tighten.
CanaTurboR is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Senior Member
Wraithman's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 1,703
When referring to location on the car, use L or Right. This way it applies to either LH drive or RH drive, always referenced from the driver's seat.

Wraithman is online now  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1