Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums - View Single Post - Restoring a beaty 1973 Silver Shadow 1
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
danielrolls
Phantom

Master cylinder Adjustment

Sorry about that missed spelling the brakes it was late last night Wraithman and thanks for your help on this issue. Well the RR has 95,654 miles on it or so and i just got this car to work on, in the past some other mechanic was working on it he did some stuff that i don't like that he did on it, so im right trying to correct the problems which it sucks for me but any ways the rear high control doesn't work at all from the previous mechanic. had the master cyl rebuild and it was giving good pressure but one think that i missed i guess i didn't adjust the operation rod on the master cyl, i finally found the right web site for it and the prints are clear, im going to adjust the rod to the specific spec as on the picture. then jack up the rear end bleed and see if they lock up again. One more thing will the rear levering system not working will cause the master brake sys to lock up??? I think it has nothing to do with the master brakes
(not sure what is the "G" valve or location, i have the pic of the whole sys)
thank you for your help

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.pdf(1).jpg (163.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 7.pdf(2).jpg (127.5 KB, 13 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome