2015 RROC Annual National Meet - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

2015 RROC Annual National Meet

So, who's coming to Orlando this weekend?

Kevin Flankey
SRX 3116

Kevin Flankey
Orlando, FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFla View Post
So, who's coming to Orlando this weekend?

Kevin Flankey
SRX 3116
Unless you're an RROC-US member, probably none of us.

Have they announced whether the Judging Field is going to be opened to the public (via ticket purchase) for viewing after judging itself is over at this meet? Unless that change has been made officially, all events related to a RROC Annual Meet are closed to anyone other than club members registered for the Meet event(s).

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi Brian,
I guess the options for non-members are to know a member and have them purchase a $30 day-pass for them (so they can attend the concours), or, new for this year, a scaled-down show, open to the public, on Thursday, the 2nd).

I'm a little peeved that I had to purchase day-passes for my mom and a girlfriend, so they could join me at one of the evening parties. That policy certainly discouraged me from inviting other friends to some of the other social functions.

I'll post pictures when possible.

Kevin Flankey
Orlando, FL

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFla View Post
Hi Brian,
I'm a little peeved that I had to purchase day-passes for my mom and a girlfriend, so they could join me at one of the evening parties. That policy certainly discouraged me from inviting other friends to some of the other social functions.
The current leadership in the RROC-US is vastly improved over the true Old Guard, but there's still a ridiculously stringent view of the provision in the bylaws that club activities cannot be of benefit to anyone other than club members.

It's no mystery to me why membership has been dwindling and most suggestions about how to do real outreach are met with, "But we can't do that, it violates the bylaws."

It's a major victory that there will be ticketed admission to the concours for the public this year after the actual judging sessions are over. It's very hard to attract members to a club that won't allow virtually any "previews" of what the club is about and what actually goes on at their events. The RROC is the only car club that I know of that is as functionally closed to outreach as it is.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyslp View Post
The current leadership in the RROC-US is vastly improved over the true Old Guard, but there's still a ridiculously stringent view of the provision in the bylaws that club activities cannot be of benefit to anyone other than club members.

It's no mystery to me why membership has been dwindling and most suggestions about how to do real outreach are met with, "But we can't do that, it violates the bylaws."...

...The RROC is the only car club that I know of that is as functionally closed to outreach as it is.
With the exception of maybe the Peoples' Rolls Royce Owners Club of North Korea.

All kidding aside, the new president is an acquaintance of mine. I'll talk to him about this.

Kevin Flankey
Orlando, FL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode