1992 Spirit Suspension - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

1992 Spirit Suspension

Hi Forum,
A little bit about the car first. It was one of the Spirits that was made for the Japanese market. It has 106000 original klms on it. It has fuel injection and not the SU's. The rear driver's side sags a little (1.25 inches). I note that in August of 2013 the following were replaced 1/ Rear Strut 2/ Adaptor 3/ tubing and nut 4/ left rear shock and line. They did note that the accumulators were weak.
I hate to take this to the dealership and ask what is wrong. I apologize for not adding a photo I have tried but for some reason, my drag and drop is not functioning properly.
Thanks in advance. Martin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:35 PM

Why are you afraid to bring the car to the dealership? Too expensive? not qualified?
Looks like its time to catch up on long overdue work.

LRL-41587C
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Thank You Wraithman. Your first assumption was correct. I have recently been diagnosed with a disorder for which I have to go to the States to be treated. I love my car but have to be realistic. I would prefer to go to a dealer and ask can you check a) or b) rather than go in and say something is wrong?
Thanks anyway. Martin.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jim Walters
Probably needs new gas springs in the rear. Did they note brake accumulators or rear accumulators weak on the invoice? The rear accumulators are called gas springs to differentiate them from brake accumulators in the front. The gas springs work in conjunction with the damper and rear road spring for the rear suspension ride height. You are lucky that you do not have to take it to the dealer in Vancouver, I am 45 minutes away I keep both gas springs and brake accumulators in stock.
On your invoice you have listed 1/ rear strut and 4/ left rear shock and line. This is confusing as the rear strut and the rear shock are the same thing. Could you elaborate on the invoice?

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Thank You so much, Jim, I have owned the car for five days and my intro gives you some idea of my experience with Rolls which is zero. The invoice states (in the comments field) the suspension accumulators are weak. The brakes are addressed in another invoice.
Funny you should mention Vancouver as the previous owner warned me about taking it there without knowing what was wrong.
It has had several services since then and no mention of the suspension is mentioned.
Thanks Martin.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:04 AM

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:06 AM

Don't take any advice from Wraithman because he is just trying to sell you parts. He is obviously one of those rich, fat mechanics that I'm always talking about that pretend they know everything about these cars and do nothing but charge people big $$$ to keep their cars running.

Buy the green gas cans from Introcar and have a local mechanic watch the video and do the work.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:52 AM

FYI I'm not a dealer..just a collector and refrain from the the adjectives.

LRL-41587C
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Wow Thanks, Blackendrolls this is the help I was hoping for. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I must admit after the response I got previously I thought I had joined the wrong site. Both you and Jim have been marvelous Thank You.
Martin.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Hi Martin,

They all know about that video but no one wanted to post it because they are trying to steer you towards their little network of mechanics and fools. If you want some great videos look at Ronnie's Garage on YouTube.

IntroCar has a video on YouTube also about these green goblins.

Anyway no one here offers the correct advice just a bunch of silly heresay.

Please join my group on Facebook - it's called The Classic Rolls-Royce Owners and Drivers Club. You won't find any of the same fools on my group.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode