Fuel door lock/ boot lock - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Smile Fuel door lock/ boot lock

Hello all. Just purchased 1997 Bentley Azure .The electronic fuel door doesn't work, nor does the automatic boot lock. Need help. ? fuse, ? solenoid.
Thanks

Charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 07:02 PM

Always check your fuses first then, if there are any relays involved, check those.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Brian. I don't know where those fuses are. They are are not in the glove box fuses. Where would they be?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 04:28 PM

Sorry cant help with location of those, If its not the fuse or relay as you suggest, it may be they both use the same earth point as they are close together do you think that may be worth a look too?

Last edited by thequalitybuilder; 03-10-2015 at 04:32 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Smile Azure

Thank you, will check

Charles
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequalitybuilder View Post
. . . earth point . . . may be worth a look. . .
Regardless of location, these cars are notorious for having ground/earth problems. It's always worth taking a look at ground/earth points. A great many of these are in areas that aren't all that well protected from the elements and that weren't treated with anything to keep them from corroding and having the electrical integrity degrade over the years.

I also strongly recommend that you clean any electrical connection you ever touch, taking the connections apart and cleaning either mechanically or with something like Caig DeOxIt, and apply a thin coat of electrically conductive grease (I'm sure I've posted about Sanchem NoOxId A-Special and another one available at either Home Depot, Lowes, or both). I have yet to see one treated this way ever oxidize again. If only this stuff had been used by automotive manufacturers at the time of manufacture!

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks will go ahead with your recommendations

Charles
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Hello, still having issues with the fuel door and trunk lock not functionally working with buutons. Checked fuses and earth points all ok. Any other suggestions please????

Charles
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 10:52 PM

I don't know whether either of these things changed with the Arnage era cars from the SY/SZ, but on the SY cars the fuel door release only works if the ignition is off and the trunk release is either only when the ignition is off (or on, since I never use it I can't remember).

I've known of way more than one person pushing furiously at the fuel release door button when the car is running and being mystified as to why it won't open. My only other guess with the fuel door is that the solenoid is stuck or has otherwise gone wonky.

Brian

~ Niels Bohr

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Will check. I can't figure out why both don't work. I wonder if there is a common connection some where, but I can't find it

thanks

Charles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode