Help need in my trunk 91' Guys 73 views and no ideas? Guess? - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Help need in my trunk 91' Guys 73 views and no ideas? Guess?

Hello all, first let me say that im sorry I only post here to solve problems. Second, I have a black 91 in my barn up north. Came up yesterday and fired it right up and drove it to the restaurant. I opened the trunk and flipped the battery switch on. Now when I came back home my trunk is locked and I don't have the key to open it up here. I need to get in there so I open up the glove box and select auto from key and open the door latch several times and check the trunk but its locked still? I am by myself so no one to assist me by standing there. I need to get in there to turn the battery back off. Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

PS, I am not there. I had to leave it but I will be back in a month. I can send my wife to it though no problem. Without the battery shut off going, the car can sit probably a month before its totally dead. I live probably too far for a lock smith. I am back at my home but dont have that trunk key.

It doesn't look terribly sophisticated to pick though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 07:33 PM

Garage
Hi

You mention keys

Sorry your problem is a bit sketchy and trying to piece together, if you key does not unlock the boot, chances are you have been driving the car with valet key which allows you to drive and lock car but no access to boot or glove compartment, would it not be easier to order a new key ans hopefully all sorted.

Best of luck

John

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 07:52 PM

I also asked a friend who has a '93 Turbo R and he reports that it is a single key car just like the Shadow series that came before it.

The only difference between the regular key and valet key is the shape of the key head and the absence of a groove on the blade of the valet key. They are cut in precisely the same way.

This image gives you all the information you could possibly want regarding which key blanks you can use to have either a new master or new valet key cut as long as you have a functioning copy of either type:

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Okay I got it. I am down in Central America on business. I will return home in less than a month. Thanks so much.
My key is black and looks like it is beefy. Not the small rectangle one. I do have the valet key on there but it doesnt fit the trunk. THe key hole for the trunk is small. Thanks for your help and I will get back to you
my internet sucks down here this week and I am confined to the hotel lobby for wifi
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 07:27 PM

Haven't quite graduated to a '91 car but assume that the spare wheel storage is unchanged since 1966!

Assuming the boot (trunk) is empty and your key efforts unsuccessful, lift the car about a foot slide under and undo the retaining bolt that holds the spare wheel. This should allow you to drop the spare and wind the cradle down to the ground. You then can push the spare wheel tyre inflation aperture plug up into the boot, yeah in and undo the two bolts that hold the small bar onto which the lock clamps. The boot will then open.

If you need to take the car somewhere come prepared with a roll of strong stick tape to hold the lid down and remember to put the spare tyre carrier back up and the wheel in place!

The whole procedure is in Tee One Topics.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM

hello I had a similar problem with my 96 Turbo R cut a long story short the handle had stuck in the open position ie towards you.......all I had to do was push it back towards the number (licence) plate and all was well again.......hope it is something as simple as this for you
regards Paul
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 05:20 PM

There are still master and valet keys for your car. If the key will not go in , then that will be most likely. If it goes in , but will not turn, then there is another problem.

The CDL should not work with the battery switched off.

You will need to introduce a 12v feed to the main car feed. Either at the fuse box, alternator , or the thick brown wire cable tied to the back in the mineral oil reservoirs.

Once you have a live feed, you should be able to operate the CDL and open the boot.

Good luck, Paul.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode