speed warning alarm - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

speed warning alarm

Hello, I have a 1994 Bentley Turbo R. At 70mph an alarm sounds to make me aware of having reached this speed and continues to sound until speed drops below 70mph. How does one adjust or cancel this warning sound? Thank you. Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jim Walters
With ignition on but car not running, press and hold the trip and cancel buttons down at the same time. Hold down for about 7 seconds or until the DIP goes blank then release the buttons. On the DIP, the serial number will flash first, followed by the software version, then the options will display. Press the trip button on and off until the overspeed warning is illuminated. It will be in green as it is functioning. Press the cancel button to change it to red and turn it off. Turn ignition off and you're done.

SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Dear Jim, Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried the process that you described but don't get the same result. If I switch on the ingnition without starting the car then press and hold the trip and cancel buttoms simultaneously the DIP displays "check engine/ ABS" and nothing else. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated. I noted that in the divers manual it notes that vehicles of the middle eastern specification are set to alarm at 75 mph. Mike

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 12:57 AM

Try holding the buttons down for 7 seconds or until the 'check engine/abs' lights up. Release and press the two again, that should enter the setup function after a few seconds. Press trip repeatedly to until the speed warning is illuminated. Press cancel to change it. That SHOULD work. The appropriate setting may or may not be red or green, it may just light up.

www.bristolmotors.com
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

This is getting interesting. I followed your instructions. Having pressed both buttons initially to get to the check engine/ABS light then repeating pressing both buttons for 7 seconds I got into a different mode. At the top of the DIP there appeared a series of 12 vertical lines. Some were short And others long. By pressing trip button I was able to scroll from one vertical line to the next. By pressing cancel buttonI was able to convert the vertical line from being long to being short. I was not able to scroll to any screen that allowed me to choose a speed warning option. I did fiddle around with the vertical line configuration. They seem to represent some kind of code. The only thing I could tell that I accomplished by changing the configurations of the vertical lines from long to short was to make the start up warning tone longer or shorter upon starting the engine. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help. Thank you.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 11:24 AM

I realize what I'm about to propose is a cheat/workaround and may not be viable if the warning source for the overspeed warning is not a dedicated device.

Could you simply remove one of the leads to the buzzer (or whatever device) that provides the warning tone?

I tried looking up "the official procedure" in IETIS/TSD6000 but had no luck. What Jim has described is what I've always known as the general procedure for dealing with settings via the DIP.

I was able to determine that this particular warning system was for cars originally destined for markets in the Middle East.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 01:54 PM

You're almost there. Use the trip button to highlight the 5th vertical bar, then use the cancel button to change it from a tall bar (on) to a short bar (off). That should do it. The 5th bar is the overspeed warning alarm. I thought the function was illuminated in the DIP also but my memory could be faulty on this. The rest of the bars are other functions that you can turn on and off, like setting your outside temperature gauge in Fahrenheit or Celsius.

www.bristolmotors.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 PM

Jim,

Do you have any idea what the "magic search terms" might be to find the documentation on this in IETIS? I tried this morning, but simply couldn't find anything using DIP combined with several other search terms.

I'd love to snag the graphic or table that shows which of these bars performs which functions since this seems to be a recurring question/issue.

Brian

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Jim, Thank you for the information. I will try it out the next time I get out on the highway where I can get up to 70 mph. Is there a source for what all the bars represent so that I can adjust functions wihout guess work? Mike
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyslp
Jim,

Do you have any idea what the "magic search terms" might be to find the documentation on this in IETIS? I tried this morning, but simply couldn't find anything using DIP combined with several other search terms.

I'd love to snag the graphic or table that shows which of these bars performs which functions since this seems to be a recurring question/issue.

Brian
All the info on Dip is on Australian RROC site under major changes from 30001 TSD5069 page 16 onwards shows warning signals according to market & chart to alter them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode