Something really weird is happening . . . - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Something really weird is happening . . .

As of about 10 minutes ago none of the message composition controls would work (e.g., insert hyperlink, font formatting, etc.) I logged out and logged back in again and now they're completely absent from the area above the composition window and drag and drop file attaching is not working. If you "Go Advanced" it changes nothing and there is no ability to attach files via the usual button that pops up a selection dialog. Something's wildly amiss. It now seems that I can't post, either. I'm hoping that this edit will work so that I can mention this, otherwise I'm stuck.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

Last edited by guyslp; 05-16-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 12:57 PM

Garage
Let me see if I can respond to your message, Brian
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyslp View Post
As of about 10 minutes ago none of the message composition controls would work (e.g., insert hyperlink, font formatting, etc.) I logged out and logged back in again and now they're completely absent from the area above the composition window and drag and drop file attaching is not working. If you "Go Advanced" it changes nothing and there is no ability to attach files via the usual button that pops up a selection dialog. Something's wildly amiss. It now seems that I can't post, either. I'm hoping that this edit will work so that I can mention this, otherwise I'm stuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentleyman1993 View Post
Let me see if I can respond to your message, Brian
Heya guys can you try refreshing the browser a few times and see if it happens again?

They had some open tickets today on the site which might have caused the glitch while they were working on it.

Jeff M

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Just a test... I seem to be seeing the various controls ok.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post
I don't. While I'm now able to reply with quote, and just did, the quoted material is showing up as BBCode and I have no controls whatsoever visible above the message composition area.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post
Still can't do a quick reply at all. The controls appear there but cannot be activated. I can drag and drop a file for attaching but the message cannot be posted via the usual button.

Brian

~ Niels Bohr

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

This quick reply is coming from MS-Edge, rather than Firefox. I do seem to have access to the controls and can turn the BBCode display on/off with the button that's at the upper right corner.

I am being forbidden to do a drag and drop attachment. When the small image file is dragged over the "Drag files" area a small popup icon of the classic "no circle in red with a strike through it" appears.

I have been using Firefox since my first days on this particular forum.

Brian

~ Niels Bohr

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
This quick reply is coming from MS-Edge, rather than Firefox. I do seem to have access to the controls and can turn the BBCode display on/off with the button that's at the upper right corner.

I am being forbidden to do a drag and drop attachment. When the small image file is dragged over the "Drag files" area a small popup icon of the classic "no circle in red with a strike through it" appears.

I have been using Firefox since my first days on this particular forum.
Just tried a Quick Reply to this message from Chrome, which is where I'm typing from now. It does not take me to the Quick Reply box when I hit the button, which is the same in Firefox, and I cannot hit the "Submit Quick Reply" button or have any of the controls work.

With this quoted response I'm in BBCode display mode and there are no controls whatsoever above the compose area.

Drag and drop attaching is working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (23.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg In-Line_Flare_Connector.jpg (22.9 KB, 4 views)

Brian

~ Niels Bohr

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Or not. The images were shown in the drag and drop area but they're certainly not attached on that last message.

Brian

~ Niels Bohr

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
I don't. While I'm now able to reply with quote, and just did, the quoted material is showing up as BBCode and I have no controls whatsoever visible above the message composition area.
Quote:
Still can't do a quick reply at all. The controls appear there but cannot be activated. I can drag and drop a file for attaching but the message cannot be posted via the usual button.
Quote:
Just tried a Quick Reply to this message from Chrome, which is where I'm typing from now. It does not take me to the Quick Reply box when I hit the button, which is the same in Firefox, and I cannot hit the "Submit Quick Reply" button or have any of the controls work.

With this quoted response I'm in BBCode display mode and there are no controls whatsoever above the compose area.

Quote:
Or not. The images were shown in the drag and drop area but they're certainly not attached on that last message.
I see the images and can you screen shot of what you are missing?

Jeff M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode