Has any thought been given to new forums under Technical and/or General - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Has any thought been given to new forums under Technical and/or General

I have thought for a long while that we need some new forums that actually break out cars by their respective eras, particularly for the newer cars.

The Seraph, Arnage and derivatives are not really SZ cars and the "Current Era" would now be lumping together Rolls-Royces and Bentleys that really have no shared underpinnings.

It might be wise to consider a Seraph/Arnage and Derivatives forum, the last two "twins from Crewe" even though somewhat more fraternal than identical, as well as a forum for 1st Generation Goodwood Era Rolls-Royce and 1st Generation Modern Crewe Bentley.

Over time even these will need revisiting. The Goodwood Phantom is no more but the numbers produced, and the fact that their owners are not yet "the forums type," make it such that a separate forum for that model makes no sense at all. I can see an era that will be coming after the current Goodwood cars: Phantom, Ghost, Dawn, Wraith.

Over the long haul having technical and general forums that group related cars together makes a lot more sense.

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 12:47 PM

Garage
I gotta agree with you Brian. Good idea.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:38 PM

I also agree that Seraph / Arnage section would be an interesting improvment

Jean

Continental R . 1997

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:44 PM

Seems like a logical idea to have additional model specific technical forum for Seraph/Arnage, I'm also in agreement.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Administrator

did you guys want to have a new section created?

Lee
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
did you guys want to have a new section created?

Lee
As I said, I'd really like to see three, actually. The Seraph and Arnage cars are of the same class, but are definitely not SY cars. After the split between Rolls-Royce and Bentley where Rolls-Royce is owned by BMW and operating out of Goodwood and Bentley is owned by VW and operating out of Crewe there are really no shared underpinnings of the cars made by each respective marque. At this point in time there are lots of Seraph and Arnage era cars already in the enthusiast market. The same is true with the first generation of Bentleys since the split since Bentley ramped up its production numbers so extensively, their models became "bling cars," and those have since flooded the used car market and continue doing so. The Goodwood Rolls-Royce cars remain incredibly low in production numbers and still really haven't reached the price point where they are a part of the common enthusiasts market, but they're slowly creeping there. One really can't, particularly from a technical/maintenance standpoint, speak of any of these cars lumped in with the other groups and have anything really meaningful or helpful come out of it. The Rolls-Royce Owners' Club US has already split its post-SZ era forums into: - RR Silver Seraph, Bentley Arnage and derivatives - RR Phantom, Ghost, Wraith, Dawn (2004 - current) - Bentley Continental, Flying Spur, Mulsanne (2004 - current)

Brian

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
~ Niels Bohr

Last edited by guyslp; 05-16-2017 at 09:52 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:48 AM

Garage
Yes please. Particularly as the RREC SZ Register will not us Arnage owners in !!!

Paul
Bentley Boy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've passed it over to get a mod to have a look. Once we hear back, we'll let you know.

Niall
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 07:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyslp View Post
- RR Silver Seraph, Bentley Arnage and derivatives
- RR Phantom, Ghost, Wraith, Dawn (2004 - current)
- Bentley Continental, Flying Spur, Mulsanne (2004 - current)
+1

(and stop telling me my message is too short)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode