I've gone and done it-Azure Amour - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've gone and done it-Azure Amour

Call me bonkers. I was driving my little Z4M roadster thinking that average speed checks and traffic cameras are killing the fun. So maybe I should consider a land yacht? I've always hankered after a Corniche but top notch ones are expensive in the 100k category and maintenance hungry. So the Azure came to mind. They haven't taken off and are in the doldrums with Turbo R's and Conti's. The more I thought about it the more it made sense!! They only made about 250 RHD's and Pininfarina did the body's and hood. That would never happen again!!
It's the 1998 facelift with matrix grill and later engine. All black, can't be too many of those, the colour sold it to me, only colour I would consider, right time right place for me-well edgy!! Still keeping the other other old iron. But that's it. You know it makes sense!!
As usual it will need some work, will keep posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Azure1.jpg (356.4 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:00 PM

Garage
Love it! Nice purchase. Enjoy!

• 1984 Renault 5 Gordini Turbo
  • 1992 Renault 21 Turbo Quadra
  • 1992 Alpine Renault A610 Turbo
  • 1984 Rolls Royce Silver Spirit
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:50 PM

Looks Great! Just in time for summer.....

Was it a lot of searching before you pushed the button on the purchase ?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Cool, now I want one.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:27 PM

Location: Vail CO 1995/current,Grand Lake CO 1987/current,LaPunta Manzanillo,Mexico 2008/current.
Garage
Congrat's !!! I know the feeling "Just gotta have it" upon purchasing my 2002 Azure last January. Lovin the ride, as I'm sure you will too. Keep me posted on any, hopefully not many, issues. Compare notes if you will.
Happy Motoring,
Todd-eski
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:31 AM

Nice shot, well done, it looks very beautifull.

Jean

Continental R . 1997
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:39 AM

Garage
Congratulations!! What a gorgeous car. I wanted an Azure and looked at one before I bought my Turbo R, but the wife did not like way they look . I'm glad you found what you were looking for. Keep us posted.

Mark
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 PM

Adamski, congrats, what a beautiful car. Bentleyman1993, does your wife consult you on which shoes ? bag ?. Nuff sed
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:13 PM

Garage
gjlelec, true story, but I'll shorten it up. A woman walks into a used car dealership and looks at a Mercedes SLK230. She likes it and tells salesman (me) she'll send her husband by to look at it and make the purchase. No negotiation, full price, I'm a happy camper. That afternoon, hubby walks in and I show him SLK. He dismisses the car and says what they really need is a four door, and settles on an E class MB. Next morning wifey returns with check for SLK. As I'm delivering the car to her I ask, "What happened? Last night your husband said you guys needed a four door". She replied, " Look Mark, I control half the money and all the Pu**y". Gotta love the ladies.

Mark
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
In answer to was it a lot of searching the answer is no. It's the only one I went to see. The colour sold it to me and generally it was in reasonable shape. There aren't too many of these earlier ones about so you need to take a decision. As usual a heap of receipts with massive bills but still needing some TLC. I have to say that these later engines are more economical and on my last calculation which included a considerable motorway run I'm getting close to 14mpg as opposed to 12 on the earlier Conti.
Will start going through it. Found soaking wet underlay carpet that I'm drying out, don't yet know where from. It also has scuttle shake that may be just because it's a convertible. Will investigate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode