Garage Queens - Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage Queens

Over the Year of being on this forum i Have tried to start some threads on where we go and what we do with them
But not very meany People reply so is it that the cars sit in the garage or is just boring to tell any body where your going !

This Year i have traveled 5000 Miles and Yesterday we went to Winchester Christmas Market and on the 30/12/15 where of to Paris
So instead of just asking how do i fix this or that
Also Looking at Going to Lake Como This Year as well
Michael

Bentleyman22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 03:14 PM

Garage
Hi Michael
Crikey have you got your own oil well?
I'd love to use mine more but I would soon be bust! lol
I would love to drive to Le Mans and see what I could do down the Mulsanne streight.
Good luck on your travels
Mike
ps mine is sorn while there is salt about

chassis 27650
post #3 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Yeovil Somerset to Paris 1 Tank Of Fuel cheaper than Easy Jet cant take it off the road need to go to Lidi shopping on Friday nights

Bentleyman22

post #4 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 05:54 AM

Garage
I have a friend (who kind of gave me the bug amongst other factors) that only has one car that is an eighties Silver Spirit. Lives in Olympia London. Parks it in the street, doesn't have a garage. He does all his work in the street with ramps etc. The car is a bit beaten up, rusty wheel arches which he's going to patch repair himself. He had made a straight through stainless exhaust which gives it a nice Purr.
The car is not perfect but good mechanics, he's had it for years. The point is that when you add up all the depreciation on my other cars Etc. he's probably quid's in and total motoring per mile is pretty good in the big picture. The trick is to only have one car then you don't have a choice to use the Micra etc.
Or in my case the Hilux flat bed, which I may put on the my garage slot, another great car!!
post #5 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

i remember One Year at LeMans there was a S1 that had all the Leather removed it was painted Mat Black and had the chrome removed looked Cool

Bentleyman22
post #6 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 03:45 PM

Garage
I always do 3 - 5000 miles a year in my 2002 Arnage T, usually including a French/ Italy trip. Its what I bought the car for. On low mileages petrol is irrelevant. The expensive bit is usually finding secure parking which moves you up the hotel costs. The French roads are too good for the French but to sit on an AutoRoute at 130 KPH for a few hundred miles is great, particularly if you have a Sanef tag which whips you through all the Payages. Away from the motorways the Route Napoleon, the Verdun Gorge and the A8 along the Riviera are lifetime experiences. All you need is Matt Monroe on the Ipod playing "On days like this" and you will appreciate what these cars were made for! They are built for driving and enjoying not sitting in a garage!

Paul
Bentley Boy
post #7 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Hi Paul
Yes I Know What you Mean i am Just getting the itch waiting for the 30/12 and pairs just a short hop but good fun
This car Hasn't Been around the L'ark de La Triumph so have to take her

Bentleyman22
post #8 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 05:02 PM

I take the kids to school most mornings, occasionally to the builders merchants, Or Tesco Oh and made it to centre parks in the Autumn, great place! So maybe a boys trip away is in order ? Any suggestions??
post #9 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

i Love the Thought off it any where and any of the cars good thinking
Michael

Bentleyman22
post #10 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Hi Well today washed car as been to Bristol this week and had to go to Lidil for Christmas food shopping
so car ready to go
so on Tuesday we travel to New haven and stay over Night Wednesday morning on the 11.am to Dieppe
then travel to Paris should be there by 7.pm
So Happy new Year and don't forget to open the garage door to let the car get some fresh air

Bentleyman22

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode